USS Fort Snelling (LSD-30)
Shipmates of 1954 - 1984
Welcome to the USS Fort Snelling (LSD-30) 1954 - 1985 web site.
Remember 911 - Pentagon Cermony 2015
HAPPY NEW YEAR - 2017
Don't be a Monkey, plan to attend the next reunion 2017 in Fort Snelling, MN!
USS FORT SNELLING 2017 REUNION FORT SNELLING, MN (Click for Registration)
USS FORT SNELLING 2017 REUNION
DATE OF ARRIVAL: Wednesday, September 13
DATE OF DEPARTURE: Sunday, September 17
LOCATION: Minneapolis–Saint Paul, Minnesota
▪ Thursday, 9 am to 3 pm: Mill City Museum / Stone Arch Bridge
▪ Thursday, 5 pm to 9 pm: Stillwater, birthplace of Minnesota (includes dinner)
▪ Friday, 9 am to 3 pm: Memorial service / Mall of America
▪ Friday, 5 pm to 9 pm: Mississippi River dinner cruise
▪ Saturday, 9:30 am to 2:30 pm: Historic Fort Snelling
▪ Saturday, 5:30 pm: Photos, cash bar, and sit-down banquet at hotel
▪ See information from metroConnections for tour details, prices, and registration form.
▪ The Mississippi River dinner cruise fills up fast. To reserve your place, be sure to send your registration form and payment to metroConnections before April 20.
HOTEL: Country Inn & Suites
▪ Location: 6003 Hudson Road; Woodbury, Minnesota 55125
▪ Call for reservations: 651-739-7300
▪ The nightly rate of $89 (double occupancy) applies during the reunion, as well as two nights before and two nights after. Just mention “USS Fort Snelling 2017 reunion” when making your reservation.
▪ Provided by Green Mill Restaurant and Bar (attached to the hotel).
▪ Entrée choices are chicken marsala, roast beef in gravy, or roasted pork loin with cherry glaze. Dinners include bread, salad, green beans almondine, baked potato, assorted desserts, water and coffee.
▪ The cost per dinner is $44, including all service fees and taxes. The hotel will accept payment for dinners when you check in.
CONTACT: Robert and Kathy Bergant
▪ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ Phone: 262-782-7876
Looking forward to seeing you in Minnesota in 20171
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS !
Greetings to all USS Fort Snelling LSD-30 Crewmembers and families:
I want to get in touch with as many of my shipmates as possible! Please send me an email and I'll get the ball rolling. This period of our lives, believe it or not, molded who we are today...somewhat!
I ran the ship's store, geedunk,and inventory for over two years. So if you served on the Fort between 1972 and 1975 you know me! If you purchased cigs for 1.25 a carton, you looked me in the eyes.
Let's get acquainted again, it's not too late. My crew was Kevin Gibson, Bobby Whitehead, and Bo Bonds. Bo received an early discharge due to an unknown illness.
Come on Henry, Stevie, Joe, you guys are out there. Email me and I'll make sure we all get in touch! email@example.com
Andy Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on Shipmates Profiles, update your profile, add your your photos.
George Passed in 2012 See Obituary in the "Memory" page.
Ken Vey, George Wagner, and James Berry at the Navy Memorial Washington DC 9-24-2011
2011 Reunion Photo - Washington DC
Please note: Date you reported on board - It may need updating, I used the best info I had, however, many are incorrect, so please update your profile including your email if possible.
Please send this link to all your USS Fort Snelling LSD-30 friends, ask them to log in and update their profile. Sign up for the reunion. Details later.
C.E. "Andy" Anderson, USN, ICFA-IC1 - 1955-1959
Click on the Photos Buffalo, NY for some of the photos of the 2010 Reunion. Go to your profile and add your photos.
Click this link to see US Navy 2008 Pictures Slide Show